Sunday, September 28, 2008

CATCHING UP WITH EVERYONE

It has been a while since I have had time to blog. It seems Bill and I have been running and running and never really accomplishing anything. Since I last wrote we have celebrated Labor Day, Duane's had two surgeries, we have dined with Steve and Dorothy, I turned 60, we swam through the Olympics, endured two political campaigns, and so far one debate. So in the scheme of things, nothing that would taken any personal time or impacted life as we know it here on Mars. I have had a sinus infection over the weekend so I am slowly recovering from my medical opportunity.



I turned 60 in August and this was the first birthday without Dad. Since we always shared the same date it was unusual to have one on my own. Adeline surprised Bill and me by having Jason fly in from Pennsylvania to join the celebration. When we got to Adeline's home, we ran the bell and Jason answered the door. It was just like it was suppose to happen. He was there!! Adeline kept a big secret. Along with Jason all my siblings that live in Texas showed up as well as Adeline's son and sister. It was so wonderful for all of us to be together.



Jason is getting so mature and I am so proud of how he has grown. He is responsible and has his own opinions. He has learned to enjoy being with people and learned to put others at ease with him. That's a talent some never learn. He has taken on a huge responsibility at work and is setting goals for himself and Carrie. That's quite an accomplishment in this day and age.



Duane has endured two 'major' (to me) surgeries. He had his neck surgery where they put two baskets around two of his vertebra in his neck. Within the last 10 days he has had his gallbladder removed. They did non-invasive surgery and took that bad boy out. He was back at work within a week.

No comments: